Thursday, April 28, 2011

V is for Vera

This is a true story. It all happened somewhere in yesterday...

So for my V post, I must make another nod to Firefly. I know, I'm a nerd. Deal with it. Anyways, V is for Vera because that's the name of Jayne's favourite gun as well as my guitar. Yes, I own a guitar even though I don't REALLY know how to play it. I know a bit, but whatever.

How did I manage to get myself a guitar? Well, one Christmas, I'd been thinking about getting one because guitars are really pretty and I had been learning how to play a bit on my boyfriend's electric. I was getting pretty okay at it, but I really wanted my own acoustic. Then, we went into this shop down the road from us to admire the pretty acoustics. There was Vera- black, sleek and just calling my name. Of course, she was two hundred bucks and I knew there was no way I could afford her before someone else picked her up.

So I stood there, admiring this beautiful guitar while Stephen wandered around the rest of the shop looking at records and stuff. Then, in he walks and he pulls Vera down from the shelf and hands her to me and says, "It's yours". I just stared at him blankly for a minute or so, the guitar in my hands. Then he showed me the receipt and said "Merry Christmas".

For my birthday that year, he bought me a book of easy music to learn on the guitar. I learned how to play the mission impossible theme, which was a lot of fun. Anyways, now Vera is sitting in my closet and I'm sure I'll pull her out again sometime soon. And yes, she's named after the gun in Firefly, in case you didn't get that.

Assignment: play/listen to some music!

-Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment