Thursday, April 7, 2011

F is for Firefly

This is a true story. It all happened somewhere in yesterday...

Welcome to my F post. I thought of a lot of F words for this and, if you really think about it, this is the most dangerous letter to pick a word for because the obvious one is four letters and really not appropriate for this blog. At least, not appropriate to have an entire blog post based on it.

So, instead of that four-letter word that we all think about when we hear the "f-word", I decided to do this post about Firefly. How can you not love that show? I think it's complete bullshit that it was canceled after only one season. It was probably one of Joss Whedon's best creations. The characters were amazing and every single one of them came with their own storyline. Kaylee was definitely my favorite character out of the lot of them. She was always so happy and perky and it helps that the girl who played her (Jewel Staite- Yeah I knew that without looking) is from Vancouver. Which is excellent.

Anyways, if any of you haven't seen that show, you should really take a look for it. It's essentially a western in space. Each episode can take you to a completely different place. At one point, you'll be watching them save prostitutes on a very western-style planet then another episode you'll be watching them looting space ships and participating in epic space battles. What's not to like? Also, Wash and his dinosaurs. Watch it. You'll know why I think it's awesome.

The first time I watched this show was when I was in first year University and my friend Greg forced me to watch it. After that, I started to show it to everyone I know. I'm sure people got annoyed from my constant "you have to watch this!" but they watched it anyways. Now, all of my friends are pretty obsessed with the show as well.

I just feel the need to say "One of us, One of us!"

Anyways, assignment for today is to watch Firefly and Serenity! Oh! And read the Firefly comics. Go!

-Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. yup totally your fault for making me watch that show... bad taryn!

    ReplyDelete