Sunday, April 3, 2011

B is for Baseball

When I was younger, one of the things I remember most fondly is playing baseball. I only played for a year, but it was a lot of fun. It was soft ball but, in case you didn't know, soft balls aren't that soft. One time, we were told to play catch with a partner to start practice up. I got distracted by something (I think someone was bringing out oranges or something) and was promptly smacked in the cheek with the ball. I was super hardcore and took it like a champ. I didn't even cry. Really. I just kept playing catch. I'm awesome like that.

Anyways, back then I was really good at baseball. I learned mostly how to play from my dad. I remember sometimes going to the park with him and hitting the ball around for a bit. He taught me how to hit it rather than punt it, and I think I got pretty good at it, but I was young and I could just be thinking a lot of myself.

Anyways, my dad really enjoyed playing baseball as well. Or maybe he just enjoyed drinking beer. I could never really get that one straight. His team's t-shirts said "my drinking team has a baseball problem" and I only really remember showing up for the actual games sometimes so.... Maybe they didn't practice so much as hang out and drink... You never know. Mystery of the century? (or half century? Holy crap, my dad has been living for more than half a century. No wonder his hair is going gray...)

Anyways, I stopped playing baseball after only a year because I had to choose between it and dance. I miss it, though. I got a medal from it :). Okay, so everyone got a medal. But I was really good. Honest.

Anyways, assignment for today is to.... paint your nails! Yes. Do it. I don't care if you're a guy. Just do it anyways. Mine are pretty today.

-Ciao!

(P.S. I know Sunday is supposed to be the "don't post" day, but I'm a day behind so whatevs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment