Monday, April 4, 2011

C is for Camelot

This is a true story. It all happened somewhere in yesterday...


I find myself remembering a lot of things when I think of the letter C. Cookies and cupcakes come to mind when I think about my friend Jaimie because she gives me yummy treats like that and we've baked together lots before. Cookies and cupcakes are also our default things to bring to our parties that we have.

I also think of things like Coke. Specifically rum and coke which makes me think about my friend Travis for some reason. I think I once got sick off a rum and coke at one of his parties. Praying to the porcelain gods is not a good way to spend a New Years by the way...

I also think about camping when I think of C. My family and I used to go camping a lot when I was little. We would go on these ten day camping trips to Hicks lake and it was always a lot of fun. Especially the time when my brother let me try his Fireball (I've been hooked to that drink ever since. Om nom nom).

After all of these options, I decided on C being for Camelot. I love the King Arthur stories about knights and ladies going on glorious quests for the holy grail and overcoming overwhelming obstacles. When I was younger, I loved the movie "the sword and the stone" and watched it whenever I had the chance. Merlin was my hero and I swear that I am just as magical as him. Honest. Later, when I was in high school, we got to learn about King Arthur during our french course that we were required to take in grade 12. It was such a bullshit course, but King Arthur is amazing. To this day, anything that involves Camelot or Lancelot or King Arthur or just the round table intrigues me. I watched the movie "The Sorcerers Apprentice" only because I heard it had something to do with Merlin. Who is awesome. Seriously.

Anyways, I wish I could be a knight of the round table. I would save damsels in distress and they wouldn't have to worry about me having impure thoughts about them cause I'm a chick and I am into dudes. Anyways, that is my C post. Hope you like it!

Assignment for today is to think of a C word. Not the four letter one you're all thinking of you jerks. Go!

-Ciao!

1 comment: