Friday, October 15, 2010

Spontaneous Day

This is a true story. It all happened somewhere in yesterday...   

   So a couple of days ago, it was spontaneous day. My friend Mav and I were having lunch when she mentioned that she wanted to get her hair cut and colored at some point soon. So, my response to this was "Well, let's go do it then". Anyways, long story short, she ended up with slightly shorted hair, bangs and blue and purple streaks. It was great and it couldn't help reminding me of other spontaneous days that I've been involved in.

    One time,  when my friend Kayla and I were in the mall (this was when we were in high school and hanging out at the mall was cool) we were talking about the fact that I have my nose pierced and she was thinking about getting something pierced as well. Well, as I always do, I suggested that we just walk on over to the piercing place and get her nose pierced. Needless to say, Kayla ended that day with a pierced nose. Another day, we were spontaneous once again when she got her lip pierced.  Most of these piercings ended up being taken out after a while. Kayla's piercings always seem to get infected.
   
    I feel the need to say at this point that I'm usually the one who says "you should do this" and not the one who actually does it. Not sure why this happens. Could be because I'm a redhead and would never color my hair and because I'm pretty sure I only look good with the piercings I already have. Maybe I'm just very persuasive. Not really sure why people listen to me.

    Anyways, another great moment of spontineity was when we walked down to the river (we lived down the street from it at the time) on a hot summer day. This was with the Captives, or rather the ones we could drag out that day. We didn't bring our bathing suits because we were only planning on walking around down there. Instead, we ended up emptying our pockets of keys and electronics before jumping in full clothed. Yes, jumping into the Fraser River fully clothed is usually a stupid idea. However, we were in a side channel that was pretty calm and there were enough of us there to save anyone who started to get dragged away. Of course, nobody did get dragged away. It ended up being an awesome day. We sat out beside the water to dry off in the sun then headed off to hang out at one of our houses. Probably one of the best days of that summer.

    So my assignment for everyone today is to do something spontaneous. It doesn't have to be drastic or dangerous, just something random that you didn't plan to do today.

P.S. Sorry for the delay in postings. I'm in midterm week right now.


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment