Tuesday, April 12, 2011

K is for Kitten

This is a true story. It all happened somewhere in yesterday...

So my K post today is revealing to all of you lovely readers that I will someday be a cat lady. My mother has three cats now and two of them are definitely my fault. The other can probably be blamed on me too, but I was three and I don't quite remember anything from that age.

Anyways, our oldest cat is named Roxie. She is now 18 years old and still going strong. She's a calico that we got when I was three. We got her from a friend of the family who owns a kennel. She's one of the most intelligent cats I've ever seen. I can tell her that it's bedtime and she'll just go straight up to my room. It's pretty excellent. She's pretty much the queen of the household. The other two cats only exist in that house because she allows them to exist.



The second oldest cat is Snickers (also a calico). She was known as Lestat when my brother first brought her home to his apartment. You see, she was his cat at first but then he couldn't afford to feed her. She ran away on a regular basis and one night, when we were having family dinner, he mentioned that he needed to give her away. I begged my mom to let us have her until finally she said "Okay, if Andrew and Spencer go to Andrew's place and the cat is there, then we'll take her." Well, she wasn't there but my brothers went looking for her and brought her home to my mom's place. Roxie was less than pleased, but now they tolerate each other.



The last and youngest cat is Bonzai. We got her from my friend Kayla. Her cat was pregnant and I begged my mom for a kitten from the litter. Well, my mom said "If there's a female calico, you can have a kitten". Well, that cat had only two kittens and guess what? One was a female calico. Bonzai. She has a curled tail and a crazy personality. She hates to be touched or picked up, but will sometimes jump up and snuggle.


Anyways, those are my cats. Aren't they fabulous?!

So my assignment today is for you to go look at kittens in the pet store!! Go!

-Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment