Saturday, April 2, 2011

A is for Arrows

This is a true story. It all happened somewhere in yesterday....

 So there's this thing happening now which is a blog post from a-z. Essentially you're supposed to do a post inspired by every letter of the alphabet. So here it goes. This is my A post.


The letter A reminds me of arrows. This is because I find it extremely fun to use a bow. I remember the first time I ever tried archery was when I was in middle school and we were doing this activity day thing. We were taught how to do a whole bunch of things at this place up near Cultis Lake that was normally used as a camp during the summer.


When they took us over to the archery range, we were all very excited. Most of us were thinking that we would be amazing at firing arrows. How hard could it be? They did it in all the movies... Anyways, we had to sit through the safety briefing before they even let us touch the bows. The biggest rule (and the only one I really remember now) is that you don't shoot if someone is ahead of you on the range.... That just seemed like common sense to me.

I was terrible at archery. Really really terrible. I think I hit the target once and it was on the corner of it where, if we'd been counting points, I would have received no points for it. Anyways, I enjoyed that day, even if I was no Robin Hood.

The next time I tried archery was when I was 19. I was up in Grande Prairie, Alberta visiting my dad and we went into this sporting goods shop. In the shop were these hunting bows. I got really excited about them and wanted to buy one. I couldn't afford one at the time, so we walked out of the shop without a bow.

A couple days later, while my dad was at work, my brother told me that my Dad had a surprise for us. So, me, my brother and my boyfriend hoped in my brothers car and he drove up a whole bunch of back roads (with me guessing everything except archery as the surprise) and we arrived at the archery club. We then spent the day firing bows at targets and it was so much fun. And, by the way, I am so much better at archery than I used to be. I actually hit the targets most of the time!

Anyways, that's my A story. Stay tuned for B.

My assignment today is to do this challenge with your own blog! A blog a day A-Z!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment