Friday, April 8, 2011

G is for Golfing

This is a true story. It all happened somewhere in yesterday...

So for my G post, I decided to talk about golfing. This is something that my dad and step-mom and brothers do a lot. I, on the other hand, am terrible at it. I remember when I was younger, my dad would sometimes take me and my brother to the driving range and I would participate, hitting the balls with one of those kids golf clubs that the driving range provided. At the time, I thought I was pretty good at it. However, now I can't hit a golf ball worth shit. I am terrible at golf.

So, the one day that I went with my dad, I got to drive the cart. Which, if you hadn't already gathered, is a lot of fun. They don't go very fast because they're electric, but you can still go charging across the course, scaring the crap out of your passengers. Seriously, I loved driving the cart. I was actually pretty good at keeping on the path.

Anyways, here are a few things that I learned from going golfing with my dad:

1. The beer cart girl is considered an all-powerful goddess.
2. There is such a thing as "too far" when you're mocking someone about constantly getting their ball stuck in the trees/pond/sandtrap
3. It's always hilarious to watch someone try to figure out how to get their ball out of the trees/pond/sandtrap
4. People really do get pissed off if you talk when they're trying to putt.
5. Apparently golf is the new way to prove your manliness, boys!

So really, I didn't learn anything essential to the game of golf. It's really just one of those things that I don't think I'll ever be good at. I do have a back-up career idea from it though: goddess (aka beer cart girl :P). Just in case this whole writer thing doesn't work out, I might as well be worshiped. :)

Assignment: learn something new about golf!

-Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment