Saturday, April 9, 2011

H is for Heresy

This is a true story. It all happened somewhere in yesterday...

So I play this game called Warhammer. It's a tabletop game that involves miniatures fighting epic battles against one another. I play the orks, a race of green-skinned fungi that live for nothing but the WAAAGH!!! (which is essentially their version of a blitzkrieg only a lot more random). Many of my other friends, though, play for the imperium- the humans. This race of humans follows the emperor who is essentially just a god-like figure who sits on a throne of gold hooked up to machines to keep him alive.

Anyways, humans in the world of warhammer are terribly closed-minded. They see everything that could even be considered stepping out of line as "heresy". Then they will promptly destroy you. Repeatedly. With lasers. Seriously. Don't question it cause they will shoot you with their puny little lasers. Also, don't be a psyker (psychic) because that's pretty much extreme heresy. And if you hear the word "exterminatus" GTFO. Just run and get off the planet because they will come and destroy you.

I suddenly realize that I sound insane when I talk about Warhammer. But really, it's just a game. There is no emperor. The forces of the emperor will NOT come and destroy you. Not that I know of, at least.

Anyways, I chose the orks because I thought they looked a lot cooler than any of the other armies and they're a lot more random. I can take random bits from other models and throw them together into an actual playable piece. The best part: the shittier it looks, the better because orks don't care how anything looks. As long as it's red, it'll go faster. :)

 Punk Kan

My scratch-built Looted Wagon

 All of my Killa Kans
(From Left to Right: Punk Kan, Kan Haz, Kamo Kan and Kandy Kan)

So, my assignment today is for you to learn about Warhammer 40k. Even if you don't plan on playing, the stories of the different races are fun.

-Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment